Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Marketing 101

Conversation with my 6-year-old:

Watching TV and the ad for the Simpsons Movie comes on.

Marge looks at Homer: "I thought he was Spider Pig"

Homer: "Now he's Harry Plopper"

**Camera pans to a pig wearing a pair of round black glasses with unruly hair and a zig-zag scar on his head.**

***

Daughter: Mom! They made that pig look like Harry Potter! Aren't the Harry Potter people going to take them to court???

Me (choosing not to discuss parody as a protected form of speech at this moment): I'm sure they got permission from the Harry Potter people.

Daughter: Permission to make a pig look like Harry Potter? That had to be expensive.

Might be cheaper to go to court.


(pause)


Me: That's my girl

2 comments:

Joni said...

I swear our kids need to meet.

Michelle said...

Her teachers had better look out or she'll be running rings around them!