Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blog Neglect

If this blog were a houseplant, it'd be wilted by now.

I'm not cut out for this sort of commitment, I think.

Anyway it's been a whirlwind week or so, punctuated by my having developed a renewed disdain for commercial air travel. It says something that last week's trip was among my worst travel experiences ever, when you consider that over the years I have:

1) Been detained by the DEA on suspicion of drug trafficking, because I had samples of agarose in my carry-on
2) Had one of New York's Finest pull a service revolver on my taxi driver, as I cringed in the back seat, wondering if the phrase "Ballistic Nylon" meant my luggage would stop a bullet.
3) Had a fellow passenger die of a heart attack while circling Chicago.

But here are some additional highlights for you to ponder while I think about how to tell the rest of the story...

-- My daughter got her training wheels off Sunday and can ride her "big girl bike" without assistance now

-- I have had breakfast with 2 senators in a week.

-- I fully resisted the urge to punch the president in the nads last week, even though I had the opportunity to do so. Please give me full points for etiquette.

-- I'm now an expert on Nitrogen Generators.

More later, gentle readers. I'm late for another meeting.

4 comments:

bhd said...

No worries. It's always worth the wait.

ptooey said...

BHD's right, but specifically anytime a person gets to read references to big girl bikes and punching dubya in the groin within a few lines it's DEFINITELY worth the wait.

...you terrorist drug smuggler, you.

winter said...

Wow.

Wow.

I am SO looking forward to updates on all that! (And you definitely get bonus points for not nailing the Prez in the nads.)

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah. What they all said. !!