Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Random Existential Question of the Day

None of us knows the day and time of our own death, so theoretically, I'm told, we should all live like we can't be certain of tomorrow.

Few of us do; me included.

But most of us believe we have some reasonable number of years ahead of us and that most of us will have some advanced warning of declining health, so we plan around that. Some of us make better use of that time than others, and some of us leave the Earth with more regrets than others. Certainly nobody wishes they'd spent more time on paperwork or at the office, or wishes they'd hugged their kids fewer times, or gone on fewer adventures.

But what if you knew that your death would not be preceded by a herald?  If you knew that, when you died, it would be sudden, swift and would arrive completely without warning? And you had no idea when that would happen?

What would you do differently?

1 comment:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

Gosh, Beanie - that is a serious question that you pose. I obviously have some regrets in my life - things I would like to change and may not necessarily want anyone to know..but those decisions and actions have shaped my life to what it is today. I'm going to have to ponder this one. I'd like to believe I wouldn't change a thing (except lose a few pounds!) So...I'll be back with my final answer!